First, create an animation based on a simple walkthrough “path”:
- Create a walkthrough “path” in your scene. (For example, use the Line tool to draw a curved path.)
- Choose Animation > Walkthrough Assistant.
- Click Create New Camera.
- In the Path Control area, click Pick Path.
- Select the walkthrough path in a viewport.
- In the upper-left corner of the viewport, choose the name of the camera you created in Step 3. This will cause the viewport to display the camera’s view.
- Click the Play Animation button to view the animation.
Next, render the animation.
- Click F10 to bring up the Render Setup dialog box.
- In the Time Output area, select the appropriate settings for the duration/range of the animation.
- Make sure to specify a location to save the animation.
- Click Shift-Q to render the animation.
[…] There are two kinds of cameras in 3DS Max. Free Cameras are useful for creating animations (see 3DS Max Design: Rendering a Simple Path Animation). For still images, Target Cameras are more […]